Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thankful Thursday


I have been reading daily about baby Stellan at MckMama's blog: My Charming Kids


MckMama's 5 month old son Stellan has a dangerous heart condition and has been hospitalized for almost 2 weeks. And yet MckMama manages to write about the whole situation in such a way that you actually leave the blog feeling somewhat uplifted. MckMama is also an an amazing photographer as well.


While this family goes through such a difficult time in their lives, people from all over the world who have learned of the family through MckMama's blog are reaching out to them...sending hopeful thoughts, flowers, meals, and incredible photos of Stellan's name http://www.mycharmingkids.net/2008/08/eventually-these-photographs-will-be-in.html


So as I read about baby Stellan, his two brothers and one sister, his mom and dad and the daily struggle they face, I am thankful for my family's health and for the realization that people are basically good.

No comments: