Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sensational scarves!

Finally...some cool, crisp autumn weather! It makes me think of Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Speaking of which, if you are interested in starting your holiday shopping a bit early, check out my friend Laura's shop on Etsy:



Her scarves are absolutely beautiful, hand-felted scarves. The pictures don't show the incredible texture of the scarves. The top right scarf is made of silk and felted wool, so not quite as warm if you are looking for the perfect gift for someone in a warmer climate (or yourself). The top left photo is a felted flower which would make an excellent adornment to a plain coat, hat, or sweater.



For sewers, Laura also sells pin cushions.


Check out her site!

2 comments:

Jen said...

OMG, those are BEAUTIFUL.

Christy said...

I am totally not a scarf person but I actually bought one the other day in warm fall colors and wore it to work. I think it looked pretty cute but i need to learn how you wear one. They are so adorable and I always admire them on others but I never wear them-- its not cool enough here in So Cal. Anyway, I will check out the site.

I think Lily's hair is adorable!!! It looks so cute with the little bow in the apple pictures. I totally love it!! Plus, where did you get the dress she is wearing-- it is amazingly adorable!! I must know where it is from!!!!

Anyway, cute scarves and thanks for the link!!

Christy :)