Monday, July 28, 2008

Blueberry picking makes me blue...


Well not really. By the time the kids and I got to the Blueberry farm, the kids were hungry...it was well past noon. But instead of feeding them (as any normal person would have done), I thought we should press forward and start picking. After all, they had snacked during the 1 1/2 hour car drive there, and we had future smoothies to supply.


All three kids popped EVERY blueberry they picked straight into their mouths. I never even heard that satisfying little "plink" as the berry hits the bottom of the can. I explained to them that eating berries straight from the bush is stealing, but they just didn't get that.
Lily didn't even care if the berries were BLUE! She ate every berry--green ones, blue ones--stems and all. (Yes, I'm aware of the choking hazard hanging around her neck.) Finally, I chucked the whole day and BOUGHT several pounds of berries!

No comments: