Friday, June 4, 2010

50 years

We celebrated my parents' 50th wedding anniversary in Door County, Wisconsin over the Memorial Day holiday weekend.

smooth as glass

The whole weekend was really quite perfect--both the weather and the family-centered celebrations.

On the first day, we played in the sand and the lake (it's usually so cold up there, that I didn't even pack bathing suits!).

jack in sand

IMG_8796 copy


We shared Wsiconsin-style grill foods together (brats and burgers) and had a few drinks together.

Jen with wine

But mostly, we enjoyed each other's company!

silly kara

lily

BTW, if anyone is wondering where the photos of the guests of honor are, my mom reserves editorial control over which photos of her get put on the web from this event!

2 comments:

the meaklims said...

That lady drinking out of the wine glass - the picture is fabulous! I love the bokeh and sunshine.

Congrats to your parents! And 'Door County', I've seen pictures before and it's a place I want to see sometime in my life! :)

Jill

Kristi said...

Oh, Door County! We love it there. What a special place for an anniversary celebration.